Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dijon Chicken Stew with Potatoes and Kale


Tonight for dinner I made Dijon Chicken Stew. This is another Cooking Light recipe. And another recipe with kale. I really like kale.

The prep work wasn't too bad. I got everything ready before I started cooking. However, I should have looked at the cooking time completely before I started. The recipe says it will cook for about and hour and a half. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad except that I started prepping at 9:00 p.m. Needless to say, this was a late dinner. 



While the leeks and garlic were cooking, it smelled pretty good. I love the smell of cooking onions and garlic...so leeks and garlic were just as good. When I put the chicken and leek mixture into the broth to simmer, the smell was fantastic. I liked the smell of wine and dijon. Who knew?!?


Did I enjoy it? Yes. The finished product was quite tasty. 

Would I recommend it? Yes.

Will I make it again? Yes, I will. It was a good stew for winter. Hearty but not heavy. Tasty, too. 

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment