Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bruschetta


At least once every two weeks, we have this easy bruschetta as our dinner. It is an adaption of a recipe that we tried a few years ago. Anyway...here is the bruschetta recipe:


- diced tomatoes (I use vine rip or roma tomatoes.)
- chopped basil (I used fresh regular basil and lemon basil. The lemon basil adds a brightness to the mix. I've tried it with dried basil and it works but not as well.)
- balsamic vinegar
- salt


Use as much or as little of the above ingredients. Mix it all together. We serve it over sliced sourdough or roasted garlic bread. (Thicker baguette-style bread works best.) Usually we put some spray butter and shredded Mexican or Parmesan cheese on the bread and broil it first. Then serve it with the bruschetta. YUM. 


Total time to make this...less than 15 minutes (if you are a pretty quick chopper and you buy the bread presliced.)


You can make the mix in advance. I like to make it earlier in the day. It gives the ingredients a chance to mix and get all tasty.

Did I enjoy it? Yes. 



Would I recommend it? Absolutely.

Will I make it again?  Yes...like I said, we make this often. You could also use it as an appetizer if you don't want it as a meal. 

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment