Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cranberry Upside-Down Cake

I made dessert for my husband's family Christmas this year. I wanted something different than the usual apple pie or other pie. As I perused my Cooking Light magazines, I found this recipe - Cranberry Upside-Down Cake. It looked interesting. And, as I have liked almost every recipe I have ever tried from Cooking Light, I thought "why not?!"

It was fairly easy to make. But I couldn't get the brown sugar and butter to coat the bottom of my cake pan. I did the best I could and it turned out alright in the end.

The cake was on the light side and the cranberry-brown sugar topping was very tasty. The cake looked pretty, too. I put it on one of my Christmas platters. The cake was yellow with the red/brown top.

Did I enjoy it? I did.


Would I recommend it? I would. Especially as a cake to take somewhere. It's different and good.

Will I make it again?  I will. Definitely a few more times for the holidays.

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment