Friday, December 16, 2011

Hot Sausage and Pasta in Vodka Sauce

This is a concoction, recipe, that I threw together based on what I had on hand at the time.

I took some hot sausage and baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes. Then slice it. I sauteed sliced mushrooms (buttons or portobellos) in some extra virgin olive oil. I then added the sausage and a jar of vodka sauce. Throw in some cooked penne or ziti and fresh basil. Serve with parmesan cheese.


Did I enjoy it? Yes, we both did. I really like vodka sauce. It is kind of sweet and creamy. 
Not as bite-y as marinara or tomato sauce. The hot sausage adds a zing and the basil adds that bit of freshness. 


Would I recommend it? I would. It's easy to make, too.

Will I make it again?  Yes, I will.

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment