Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kielbasa and Peppers

Last night, I made this recipe which is an adaption of a Weight Watchers recipe from many, many, many years ago and a dish I used to make while I was in school. Anyway...here's what you do...


Saute in extra virgin olive oil some sliced onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.  Add sliced light Polska Kielbasa to the pan. (I usually cut the slices in half...more meat per serving that way.) After that warms up, add sliced zucchini. Then, throw in some sliced green and red peppers -- or any color of pepper you would like. After they are cooked to your liking (we like them still crunchy), add a can of diced tomatoes. Heat. 


Serve with shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese. 


Variations: You can add penne pasta to this dish. That is how I usually make it...but it is still good without the pasta. You could also add fresh basil or parsley. I usually do this as well but my garden hasn't grown any yet...hopefully soon!


Also, feel free to add any additional veggies or toss the veggies you don't like. This is an easy recipe to make and change and experiment with.


Did I enjoy it? Very much so!

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would!

Will I make it again? Absolutely. 

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment