Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Green Chili Beef Empanadas

I knew we were going to be having turkey at least twice this week, so, I decided to make Green Chili Beef Empanadas for dinner. We really enjoy this recipe. It is quite tasty.

You have to start with this, Beef Roast with Root Vegetables, in order to make truly yummy empanadas. I do not follow this recipe exactly. For the vegetables, I use baby carrots, potatoes, and onions. I leave the baby carrots whole, cut the onion in large wedges, and large chunk the potatoes. I omit the sweet potatoes, parsnips, and celery root. (While I do like these vegetables, I usually don't have these on hand...hence, the substitutions.)

I do not follow the exact measurements for filling the pie crust. I just fill them up until I can fit no more. Otherwise, there is just too much pie dough and not enough filling. And that is not a good thing. They end up too dry. So, fill them up!!! Extra cheese is always a plus.

When the empanadas are done, I serve them with fat free sour cream and salsa. YUM-O!

Did I enjoy it? Yes.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely.

Will I make it again? Yes...we make this regularly.

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment