Friday, November 18, 2011

Roasted Flank Steak with Olive-Oil Herb Rub

Tonight, I wanted steak. So, I found this recipe - Roasted Flank Steak with Olive-Oil Herb Rub - in my Cooking through the Seasons cookbook by Cooking Light. (I love Cooking Light. Very seldom do I find a recipe by them that I do not like.)

Well, of course, I did not have fresh herbs on hand. (The aerogarden was just planted this week. Some fresh herbs are coming soon!) So I had to substitute dried spices for fresh. I'm certain the taste would be even better with the fresh herbs. But it was still fairly good. The steak was tender and juicy.


Did I enjoy it? Yes, I did but not as much as my husband. I think it will taste much better with fresh herbs as opposed to the dried.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would recommend it. But I'm not raving about it.

Will I make it again? Yes, I will because my husband really liked it and I will make it again for him. But I will definitely use the fresh herbs.

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment