Friday, November 11, 2011

Braised Chicken with Kale

Last night, I was pondering what I was going to make for dinner while I was painting our laundry room. I looked in the fridge to see what fresh vegetables we had and I found a beautiful bunch of kale. I thought to myself, "What can I make with this?" So, I went to the trusty internet, to CookingLight.com and found a really tasty recipe. It was Braised Chicken with Kale. (This recipe was also found in my November 2011 issue of Cooking Light Magazine.)

I changed the recipe slightly...I didn't have chicken leg quarters or fire-roasted diced tomatoes. I substituted with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and plain diced tomatoes. I reduced the cooking time to 45 minutes. (I had to get some painting done before we could eat.)

Did we enjoy it? Yes! All I can say is YUM. It was so tasty.


Would I recommend it? Yes. It was easy to prepare and seemed pretty foolproof. 


Will I make it again? Yes, I will. However, I want to try it as the recipe directs...without my substitutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment