Monday, January 23, 2012

Tomato-Basil Soup


Tonight was another soup night for my husband and I. I made one of our absolute favorite recipes from...you guessed it!...The Best of Cooking Light cookbook. (I know, I know...I should just change the name of this blog to 'Why I love Cooking Light.') Anyway...I made Tomato-Basil Soup


This is a very easy recipe to make. The one change I made to it was to use an immersion blender instead of transferring the hot tomato and juice mixture to a traditional blender. The immersion blender - which I received as a Christmas gift a few years ago from my sister-in-law and her husband for this soup alone (yes, that is the only reason I asked for it and the only thing I have used it for thus far) - makes the soup so good and so much easier to make. No transferring it, no unnecessary mess. Easy.


Usually, when we have a garden in the summer, we will boil and peel our excess ripe tomatoes and freeze them. Then, I use those tomatoes in this soup in the winter. However, I did not have fresh tomatoes this time around. I used canned peeled tomatoes and the soup was almost as good! 

Did I enjoy it? Absolutely positively, YES! It is very fresh tasting and easy to make. We serve it with sourdough bread. 



Would I recommend it? Yes, I would!!!

Will I make it again?  Most definitely!!!

If you make it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment