Monday, February 20, 2012

Mini Crab Cups

I made Mini Crab Cups for two events recently...my son's 1st birthday party and our neighborhood crawl. I found this recipe in my December 2010 edition of Cooking Light Magazine. 


They looked easy. What I liked about this recipe was that I could make the filling ahead of time...up to a day. That made party prep a lot easier. Also, I made the cups earlier in the day as well. Moments before the  birthday party, I filled the cups with the crab mixture and we were good to go. For the neighborhood crawl, we filled these cups about an hour before our guests were due to arrive as we were the second house on the crawl and the cups were still crispy when our guests left that evening a few hours later.


Here is a picture of how my Mini Crab Cups came out!






Did I enjoy it?
I really did enjoy these cups. They were very easy to make and so tasty. The cilantro and lime really made it refreshing. The jalapeno did not add a lot of heat.  



Would I recommend it? I would. I thought it was an ideal appetizer to make. 


Will I make it again?  I will. They were a great party appetizer.


If you make it, or if you have had it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment